A huge thank you to Carin of Adventures in Online Dating who nominated me ages ago. As you know, my life went sideways in September. Then I couldn’t for the life of me (sorry) remember who had given me this award, although I knew I had received it. It took a while to hunt it down and even longer to get a post written.
I have a few to catch up on so I’m going to only do this partially.
11 Random Things about me:
- I wear a size 40.5 / 9.5 shoe.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I like British spellings.
- I can’t see myself ever bungee jumping or going skydiving.
- I don’t like when people put their degrees and designations after their name. Mine would total 8 letters, it’s no measure of me as a person, and it seems obnoxious.
- I still really want to be in a gang bang as the sole woman.
- I don’t remember my first kiss.
- I notice slight font differences, or an errant second space, in a document. I wish I didn’t.
- I sing my son to sleep every night he’s with me.
- My favourite place to drive so far was in Italy.
- I remember numbers like my drivers licence, credit cards, student numbers, etcetera.
The answers to Carin’s questions:
1. What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone else?
Gosh. The first thing that comes to mind is surprising my ex-husband with a trip away on our first anniversary. I even had to arrange a vacation for him without his knowledge. He had no idea until the night before when I asked him to pack a bag.
I think there are more meaningful things I’ve done, but that’s probably the grandest gesture.
2. What makes you feel special?
I will think of the love languages here because they are a good way to describe how I feel loved – gifts is at the bottom of the list, and quality time is at the top.
3. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
I’m doing more purging of stuff these days than collecting. But I will always collect music. And I have a weakness for interesting and distinctive shoes.
4. Make a serious argument for why one day of the week is better than the rest.
For me, its Saturday, because I get to sleep in, and it’s the first day of the week I get to hang with my son for several hours. The weekdays are always way too busy.
5. What’s the last text message you sent?
It was to Tony, 4 hours ago, and it said “Good morning 🙂 Hope you didn’t hurt too much getting up at 4am and that it’s going well so far xox”
6. What technology could you get rid of and not suffer too horribly?
My home phone. The only reason I have it is because of my nanny. I could also get rid of my Television, but my son might be a tad upset.
7. If you could visit anywhere, where would it be?
I really want to go to Egypt, the Arctic, and the Galapagos.
8. What’s your worst dating story?
There are so many to choose from. Some on my quick & dirty page are good candidates.
9. What made you decide to write a blog?
Needing to get back to writing a journal to process everything I’ve been going through in the last few years relating to my marriage.
10. Honestly, what would you do if you found $50 on the sidewalk and had no clue where it came from?
Honestly? I would put it aside to donate to charity. Then it would get buried in a pile in my house, only to be found months later. I would probably remember where it came from. I’d put it aside again. Repeat. At some point the next person at my door seeking donations would have thrust the $50 at them.
11. Craft the most perfect, delicious, wonderful Starbucks beverage here.
My Starbucks order is: grande, no foam, 130 degree, latte. The latter, because I can drink it right away.