I am in full-on purging mode (two more big bags of stuff went away yesterday) and am also dealing with the really old items on my to-do list. The Royal Doulton figurines I got from Will’s aunt that I have no affection for and no reason to keep? The pre-amp I no longer need with my new turntable? Hello eBay!!
Tonight I asked my son who he wanted to share his school photos with (yes, the ones taken in September).
Here’s who was on his list:
– Nana and Papa
– Colleen and her girls
– His nanny
– My step-brother and his wife, and their kids
– My friend Katharine and her kids
Yup, unprompted. I couldn’t exactly tell him that I didn’t think it would be appropriate. He was so earnest. And I suppose since he knows Tony is mummy’s “special” friend (yes, I used those words) then why on earth wouldn’t he want a picture?
I was writing the recipients names on the back of the pictures, so I simply said “oh, that’s nice honey” and put Tony’s name on the back.
The best part? Then my son said:
- And who is the other one Mummy?
- Me: The other who? [He gives me a blank look] Another special friend?
- Him: Yes.
- Me: Oh, I don’t have another special friend. Are you thinking of the friend who came to visit who I went to school with? The one we had dinner with?
- Him: Yes Mummy.
- Me: Oh, he’s a good friend, but he’s not a special friend.
- Him: Oh, okay.
And on we went with picking names.
I’m debating whether to tell Tony. Not sure if he would think it sweet or weird.