Full props to Psychology Today – whose online site I leveraged quite a bit in the last year of my marriage. Today my Mom sent me a link to an article about children, and I found myself researching other topics as well.
I found an article that REALLY resonated with me. Here’s a list of questions – have a read and think about whether you answer “yes” to any of them:
- Does it feel like your wife or girlfriend pushes your buttons?
- Does she have a way of putting you in a bad mood?
- Are there times when you don’t want to speak to her or be around her?
- Do you feel like you overlook a lot or swallow a lot, until you can’t stand it anymore?
- Does she frequently “do things the wrong way?”
- Can you be having a nice time and then out of nowhere she says or does something to set you off?
- Are you sometimes on edge about having a bad or unpleasant evening?
- Does it feel like you have to criticize her for not being more efficient, reliable, or a better person?
- Does it feel like she makes you yell or shut down when you really don’t want to raise your voice or be in a bad mood at all?
- Do you treat her in ways you couldn’t have imagined when you first started loving her?
- Do you sometimes make your man feel like a failure as a provider, partner, parent, or lover?
- Do you feel like you have to tell him the same thing over and over and over?
- Does he tell you that you sometimes yell and scream or lash out at him?
- Do your girlfriends ever remark that you might treat him badly?
- Do you automatically blame him when things go wrong?
- Do you resort to name-calling, swearing at him, or putting him down?
- Do you demean or belittle him in front of other people or your children?
- Do you threaten to take his children away so he will never see them?
- Are you often jealous and want to know where he is at all times?
- Would your family and friends be surprised to know how you treat him behind closed doors?
Did you answer “yes” to any of those questions?? Make your way way over to The Article (I’m hiding the name so as not to give you a hint as to what answering the questions are all about…don’t cheat by hovering).
Curious what you think!!