I’m just over 41 years old. I suppose there are worse things.
This past week was…decent. I hit over 43,000 hits on my blog on my birthday. I can’t actually believe that it’s been looked at that many times, so perhaps it’s a large number, but as most things blog-related, I have no clue. It was lovely to get all those birthday wishes…so thank you 🙂
I still haven’t gotten my period which is SUPER annoying. There is nothing like being pre-menstrual for a whole month. Sheesh.
Anyway, I had little time to focus on my generalised funk, because my days usually go as follows:
- Wake up
- Spend 5 minutes chatting with my son
- Drag my ass downstairs and make myself a latte
- Say good morning to my nanny and remember to tell her all the things I forgot the previous day
- Ensure I don’t traumatize my nanny by her seeing me naked whilst I’m getting dressed
- Try to ensure I look presentable (lately, the lack of clothes fitting has made this a wee challenge)
- Eat something. Usually yogurt with granola and a side of fruit
- Kiss my son goodbye
- Run out the door with bag and computer and house keys. occasionally with a packed lunch
- Arrive a few minutes late to my first meeting
- Be in back to back meetings all day, including over lunch
- Finally get some work done after my last meeting
- Arrive home after my son has finished dinner; he’s often already in the tub
- Eat dinner
- Say goodbye to my nanny
- Hang out for an hour with my son, read him a book, sing to him until he falls asleep
- Try not to fall asleep when putting him to bed
- Get ready for bed
Tackle any of the tasks I need to get done for the following daytext Johnny Id
My ex left for his new job on my birthday, so I am settling in to the reality of having very little social life. There are people I want to see and when I look at my calendar I have very few choices. Everything is now a negotiation. I will figure it out, but I will need to be creative about it.
I do actually now have 2 posts brewing, which is a nice change after having been bereft of ideas. Perhaps I can find some time this week to write them.
In the interim, in case you missed anything from last week, here’s what I wrote about.
- Sunday: My blogs birthday (which includes some of my back story)
- Monday: My birthday (a recap of the prior week)
- Wednesday: When Johnny met my son & mother
- Thursday: The burden of weight and emotions
- and Johnny Id wrote this in response: Long Distance Support
- Saturday: A really amazing set of memories
- Sunday: My poor son 🙁
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t include the posts that Johnny wrote about his trip here, which (for me) are humbling and amazing. I hope you enjoy them: