Thank you so much to Lisa Listed for nominating me for a Liebster Award. I’m not sure who found who first, but I’m super happy to be a follower and hope you like her as well.
In preparing to write this, I realized I completely missed being nominated by SmittenWithHim, at the beginning of June. I’m so sorry, Smitten!! I’ve answered your questions as well, below.
So these are my second and third Liebster Awards…if you read the first Liebster post you may get a laugh, since it was before I told y’all that Johnny Id was in fact Matthew.
Here are 11 random things about me:
- I have kleenex boxes in every room of my house.
- I have a love of photography passed down to me by my father, who insisted my first camera be a Nikon FM-2 so I would learn how to really take pictures.
- I yearn to someday act again. There is nothing like being on stage, and big presentations don’t come close.
- I really like to bake, but I don’t very often because I end up eating what I make.
- I never played any sports in high school. I regret it to this day…and it’s one of only a few regrets.
- I am a good singer and love to sing…but karaoke frightens me and I avoid it.
- I drink 3-4 litres of water a day.
- I have a “solitary” gall stone. I joked with the Doctor that of course even my gallstones are single. She didn’t laugh.
- Chips and dip are a real weakness. I can have tons of candy in my cupboards, but savory snacks do me in every time.
- I was called “frigid” and “a nymphomaniac” in the same (recent) year.
- I love to be drunk. Not fall down drunk, but very buzzed.
Answers to Lisa’s questions:
1. What are your favourite and least favourite blog posts to read?
My least favourite are poetry (so much of it is bad) and posts that are just an inspirational saying (by someone other than the writer).
My most favourite are good erotica (although I try to not read it when I have no in-person outlet) or side-splittingly funny stuff. I also enjoy reading the personal journeys of those who are self-aware.
2. If you could have any profession in the world, what would it be (without worrying about money, time, financial)?
If I didn’t have to worry about money, I would be spending time in developing countries dealing with the root causes of their issues – the basics like clean water, food production, and education. It’s a goal of mine to be able to do that someday.
3. What is your favourite physical feature of yourself?
My hair. It’s the one thing I don’t ever doubt the beauty of. It’s light blonde, curly, and long.
4. Who do you need to say “I love you” to more?
My Mom. She’s really wonderful and I don’t tell her enough how much I appreciate her.
5. Who do you need to say “I’m sorry” to?
Probably my ex-husband, for my part in the breakdown of our marriage. I may have said it before, but it might bear repeating.
6. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
Las Vegas, most likely.
7. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
A little Greek island called Paros. There was a tiny fishing village there that was exactly as I imagined a Greek fishing village would be. The room I stayed in cost about $20 USD a night. Old men played chess in the shade of the narrow streets and the cats slept lazily in the sun. There were amazing restaurants with octopus strung up the length of the patios. It was the most tranquil place I’ve ever been. I’d like to go back but fear it will have changed.
Venice is a close second.
8. If you could redo anything in your life differently, what would you redo?
I wouldn’t have made the decision to stop acting. I was pretty good, and I went the practical route which was to move to Stage Management. It’s one thing that really has me wondering what might have been, if I’d taken the risk.
9. What is the nicest thing that somebody has ever done for/to you?
There have been many things, but the first that came to mind was my husband sending me away for an overnight at a luxury hotel just a couple of weeks after our son was born. He took full responsibility for our son that night, feeding him milk I had pumped, while I got a massage and facial and great dinner and a sleep. Except for when I had to wake up to pump milk because my breasts were bursting.
No matter what happened in our marriage, we were really good at making time to spend just with each other, and leveraging the support of our families.
10. What would an ideal day be for you?
A good nights sleep. Morning sex. Coffee and reading in bed. More sex. Perhaps a shower, together. Sex in the shower. A warm summer day to wander by the ocean. Sex on the beach. Lots of cold proscecco. A lobster dinner. Sex on crisp white sheets with the warm summer breeze floating in. Falling asleep with a man I love.
Hmm…perhaps I can make this happen really soon. That would be awesome.
11. What is your favourite post that I have ever written?
My husband is not the man of my dreams. It’s just so, lovely 🙂
12. What is your favourite post that you have ever written?
Wow that’s a difficult one. Turns out I’m almost at 200 posts. But I will answer this way – the post that I’m most proud of writing is called Desperate times call for bad decisions. For the simple reason that it’s a truth I didn’t want to face, and it would have been easy to not write it. I’m proud that I chose the difficult path.
Answers to SmittenWithHim’s Questions
1. What was your favorite book as a child?
I actually didn’t have one that I can recall. I read everything.
2. What is your favorite midnight snack?
Popcorn with lots of butter.
3. If you got to have a fictional dinner party, who would you invite?
I know you say fictional, but the person I’d most like to have dinner with is my maternal Grandmother. She died when I was a teenager and there are so many things I’d like to ask her about.
If I have to fill a table of 8, however, I would also invite Jesus, Buddha, John F Kennedy, Marilyn Munroe, Mozart, and Leonardo Da Vinci… and would supply a LOT of wine.
4. When you were a kid, did you ever wish for another name?
I have a pretty popular girl’s name, so I probably wished for something else…
5. What was it?
…but no recollection of what it might have been.
6. Any tattoos?
Yup. I have two. One on my shoulder and one on the inside of my wrist. I am contemplating a third…but the place I want it and the size would be a very bold move indeed, given where I work.
7. You can visit anyplace, real or fictional. Where do you go?
8. Write a haiku about your favorite article of clothing.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl; no question.
10.What is your favorite movie?
There are so many movies I adore….but it’s a close tie between The Godfather and Life is Beautiful.
11. Do any of your friends follow your blog?
Outside of the blog friends who have become real life friends, I have one girlfriend who follows my blog. She’s the one who suggested it to me in the first place.
My nominees for the Liebster Award
Just like the blog tour that Mark Baron asked me to join, I’ve gone through the blogs of my most recent followers (not commenters, this time) to find new (to me) bloggers. They are:
- Alice Thierry | Pivoine68
- Albany Eden | Dating Catastrophes of Albany Eden
- Mama Mick | MamaMickTerry
- Savannah | When Nothing Goes Write
- Brenda Ann Babinski | Past Life Tourist
I hope you enjoy checking out their blogs as much as I did!
My questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Does your Mom read your blog or know it even exists?
- What one thing scares you, and why?
- Do you have “one who got away”? If so, who is it?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- Are you doing what you thought you would do with your life?
- What motivates you?
- What’s #1 on your life “to-do” list?
- Do you have a talent that might surprise your readers?
- What song makes you the happiest?
- Who is your favorite muppet, and why?
For the nominees, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.