In some ways, there is an added benefit to not having new dating exploits to write about. I get to think about other stuff as well. Ideas that have been roaming around in my head finally get to fight to be the ones I write about.
I spent this past weekend at the farm property of good friends and their two daughters. My son and their eldest have the kind of relationship that will see them either kill each other or marry each other. This weekend, they did pretty well. They ran to and from the barn, caught frogs at the pond, and sat side-by-side colouring.
Meanwhile, the three grown-ups drank 8 bottles of wine in 2 nights. Yup.
It was perfect because I managed to not think constantly about my ex leaving or my pending surgery on Tuesday. Of course we talked about both, but it was not the primary focus. We also talked about sex and open marriages and Johnny Id and food and all kinds of other things. We ate steak and shrimp and cheeses and ricotta-filled fried zucchini flowers and life was really good.
I didn’t get a lot of time to write anything on the weekend. I usually manage to hammer out a couple posts, which helps me keep up my every-day habit when I am otherwise uninspired or too busy. Alas, that didn’t happen. But for whatever reason, I few things I wrote last week really seemed to resonate with people – I’ve never seen such long and heartfelt comments.
So if you missed them (I was terribly inconsistent with the posting times), here are the posts that graced my blog last week:
- Sunday: I need to be lighter (about physical and mental purging)
- Monday: Sometimes, it IS hard to be a woman (a thought-provoking French video)
- Tuesday: Turns out, today was a good day (the Hook got the package I sent him, the video was popular, and Johnny posted a pic of his ass)
- Wednesday: Using a Butt Plug as a door stop. No, that’s not a euphemism (probably speaks for itself)
- Thursday: Johnny’s Revenge | When is Ann going to write a book? (yeah, I lost a bet. I’m still thinking about this…)
- Friday: Dear Men, why do you like your women broken? (Yup, pretty much that. There are a bunch of theories in the comments)
- Saturday: The viciousness of girls (Something bad that happened to me when I was young. ‘m definitely not the only one)
- Sunday: #52 Came Back | or A Sex Miracle! I’m not tempted (basically, I turned down sex. Yeah, it’s noteworthy)