Hi Everyone; I’m back! My time with Matthew was awesome. It’s been a hectic week since I’ve been back and there are lots of posts building up in my head.
In the interim, however, I want to thank Johnny Id, who has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. His blog, Id’s Red Book, is well written and funny: check it out if you haven’t already. Thanks Johnny!
Here are my answers to his questions (some of which might surprise you).
1. Is your blog better than mine? Don’t try to be objective, I want completely subjective.
Sorry, you didn’t want more than a one-word answer, did you? Your blog has a benefit of history and it’s interesting to read your journey. I’m not there yet: I feel like I’m just getting started.
2. What is the most disgusting thing that you’ve ever seen… during sex?
I’ve been having sex for way longer than I care to admit. I’m pretty sure I’ve blocked out the most disgusting stuff…but since starting this blog, I had sex with a dude who was extraordinarily hairy. It was hard to concentrate on anything else. Which also speaks to his capability.
3. Can you properly use there, their, and they’re in a single sentence?
Of course. I was an English major.
There go my parents: they’re the ones who raised me, and I love their sense of style.
It’s even a piece of fiction.
4. Which 80′s band had the best sense of style? And why? (minimum 100 words)
Depeche Mode. They were so cool and alternative and were part of the various bands and people in popular culture that influenced my style at the time. Never mind that their music was amazing. I oscillated between them and Cyndi Lauper. And sorry but I don’t count words 🙂
5. Have you ever had an STI/STD?
Yes, if you count HPV…but that was 20 years ago, I’m fine now, it’s super common, and I’ve subsequently had the vaccine (it’s recommended even if you’ve had it before, ladies!!)
6. If you answered “Yes” to #5, have you ever had sex with me?
Which means I’m quite interested in the other nominees’ answers.
7. Do you have any coyote ugly stories? Please share.
When I was in college I spent a lot of time partying with my rugby-playing female roommate and her teammates. We – on occasion – would dance on the bar in a couple of bars in our college town. I never wore anything as revealing as in the movie, however. Sorry to disappoint.
8. Do you believe that Jim Henson is the fucking man? Explain your answer in at least 100 words.
Absolutely. I was raised on Sesame Street (one of the few shows I was allowed to watch) and it was brilliant. I also watched “The Muppet Show”. His characters are timeless – anyone who doesn’t love Kermit is an asshole, in my books. I’ve even been to his birthplace in Mississippi.
9. Have you ever had sex while on any illegal substances? If so, would you recommend I try it?
Yes. A couple of my threesomes occurred while consuming an illegal substance. Would definitely recommend it – it was fantastic.
10. You’re all bloggers, which post that you’ve written is your favorite?
I guess I AM a blogger now, since I’ve managed to write more than 100 posts. My favorite is “A Year Ago This Weekend“, because it was one of the hardest for me to write. I’m proud that I tackled the subject and was brutally honest with myself.
11. If you answered “No” to #5 and #6, will you have sex with me for nominating you for this award?
Not applicable 🙂
11 Random Things About Me:
- I can eat mayonnaise straight out of the jar.
- I have passports for two different countries.
- I started my career in the arts and am now in a diametrically opposed industry.
- I graduated in the top 10% of my class in college and also have an MBA.
- I don’t like to be criticized. I’m pretty good at doing that myself. But am getting better at being open to “constructive criticism”.
- I am an only child but have two step-brothers and a half-brother.
- After seeing my half-brother be born (I was 16) I told my Dad it was the best birth control he could ever imagine.
- I will never complain about my blonde and curly hair.
- I am quite tall and still enjoy wearing high heels.
- I took tap dancing lessons whilst pregnant.
- I love e.Bay. I once sold a 1976 set of McDonalds sheets for $175 to someone in Japan.
Blogs I’m Nominating:
- Exile on Pain Street
- Creative Noodling
- Your Mother is a Dirty Girl
- Jen Groeber: Mama Art
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- Does your Mom read your blog or know it even exists?
- What one thing scares you, and why?
- Do you have “one who got away”? If so, who is it?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- Are you doing what you thought you would do with your life?
- What motivates you?
- What’s #1 on your life “to-do” list?
- Do you have a talent that might surprise your readers?
- What song makes you the happiest?
- And in honor of the man who nominated me: who is your favorite muppet, and why?
For future Liebster Award recipients, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)